“Where Are You in General?”
by Jayson X
June 15, 2014
(“Nobody wants to kiss when they are hungry.” –Dorothea Dix)
1. Do you have all your physiological needs met? Do you have adequate air, water, food, shelter, clothing, sleep, excretion, homeostasis (things such as proper temperature, energy balance, and blood composition), and sex? If not, what can you do about it? THEN DO IT!!!
2. Do you have all your safety needs met? Is your body safe? Is your mind safe? Are your finances safe? Do you have reasonable protection against accidents and illnesses? If not, what can you do about it? THEN DO IT!!!
3. Do you have all your love/belonging needs met? Do you have an adequate relationship with your closest relatives? Do you have adequate friendships? Do you have a wonderful relationship of sexual intimacy? If not, what can you do about it? THEN DO IT!!!
4. Do you have all your esteem needs met? Do you respect yourself, and do others respect you? If not, what can you do about it? THEN DO IT!!!
5. Do you have all your self-actualization needs met? Do you perceive reality efficiently, and can you tolerate uncertainty? Do you accept yourself and others as you all are? Are you spontaneous in thought and action, without being reckless? Are you problem-centered and not self-centered? Do you have an unusual sense of humor? Are you able to look at life objectively? Are you highly creative? Are you resistant to enculturation but not purposefully unconventional? Do you care for the welfare of humanity? Are you capable of deep appreciation of the basic experience of being alive? Do you establish deep satisfying interpersonal relationships with a few people? Do you have experiences of great joy? Do you have a need for privacy? Do you have democratic attitudes? (For example, do you believe that all humans are of equal intrinsic worth, share power without relinquishing all power, think critically, discuss effectively, struggle against injustice, work cooperatively and with solidarity, feel empathy for all creatures, respect others and celebrate their worthwhile achievements, work for a better world, participate in worthwhile endeavors, respect differences, develop responsibility in yourself and others, and work toward helping generations in the present and future?) Do you have strong moral standards? Do you experience life like a child, with full absorption and concentration? Do you try new things instead of sticking to safe paths? Do you listen to your own feelings in evaluating experiences instead of the voice of tradition, authority, or the majority? Are you almost always honest? Do you avoid pretense, also known as game playing? Are you prepared to be unpopular if your views do not coincide with those of the majority? Do you take responsibility and work hard? Do you identify your defenses and have the courage to give them up when you should? Are you striving to do the best that you can in at least one worthwhile endeavor? If not, what can you do about it? THEN DO IT!!!